Thursday, October 21, 2010

I want cold

I am super excited about fall and winter...hopefully it will come soon because I am already cooking fall foods.
What comes to mind when you hear someone say potato soup? My first thoughts are cheesy, buttery, and lets just say a little fatty. I have never been a fan of potato soup. But I decided to make some from www.ivu.org. (IVU stands for International Vegetarian Union.) Anyway it sounded good and it's vegan which is even better.


You will need:
3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 clove garlic, minced
2 TBS olive oil
2 cups water
2 cups rice milk
3 TBS flour
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper


Heat the oil in a soup pot.
Add the onion, celery, and garlic - saute until tender

Stir in the potatoes and water, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.

Then add the (I used Whole Wheat Flour) flour to 1/2 cup of rice milk and stir well.
Add the rest of the rice milk in with the other ingredients.
Stir the soup constantly over a medium - high heat until it becomes thick and bubbly.
Add a generous amount of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

And there you have it: Potato soup that your taste buds will enjoy and it will be nice to your tummy.






















1 comment: